DIABETES EDUCATION CLASSES
Our Diabetes Education classes are taught by a pharmacist who is also a certified diabetes educator and experienced in the treatment and management of Diabetes. The classes focus on empowering patients and guiding them to understand their diabetes. We teach self-management techniques and patients set and meet goals to improve their health.
Our classes use a variety of educational methods, including hands-on charts, videos, and informational tools to help patients:
• Understand exactly what diabetes is and how it affects the body
• Understand how medications work to lower blood glucose
• Train to use diabetes devices such as blood glucose meters, insulin pens, insulin pumps and continuous glucosemonitors.
• Learn about the importance of healthy eating and planning meals
• Safely incorporate physical activities in their daily lives
• Develop problem-solving strategies and the skills to self-manage diabetes
Diabetes is a common disease, yet every individual needs unique care. We encourage people with diabetes and their families to learn as much as possible about the latest medical therapies and to make healthy lifestyle choices. Good communication with a team of experts can help you feel in control and respond to changing needs. For tips on how to better manage your diabetes and receipts the American Diabetes Association is a great resource.
Now Enrolling – Diabetes Prevention Program
Introducting a new healthy lifestyle program in your neighborhood. This program is designed to help you lose weight, adopt healthy habits and reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes. This program is available at no cost to you with many health plans.
There are limited spots! Visit solera4me.com to take the quiz or call us at 877-790-6720 to see if you qualify. If you sign up online – select “I know the partner I want” and select Flexcare Health Solutions.
Francis Gregory Library
3660 Alabama Ave SE Washington, DC 20020
Duration: Once a week for 16 weeks + once a month for the balance of a year