DIABETES EDUCATION CLASSES
Our Diabetes Education classes are taught by a pharmacist who is also a certified diabetes educator and experienced in the treatment and management of Diabetes. The classes focus on empowering patients and guiding them to understand their diabetes. We teach self-management techniques and patients set and meet goals to improve their health.
Our classes use a variety of educational methods, including hands-on charts, videos, and informational tools to help patients:
• Understand exactly what diabetes is and how it affects the body
• Understand how medications work to lower blood glucose
• Train to use diabetes devices such as blood glucose meters, insulin pens, insulin pumps and continuous glucosemonitors.
• Learn about the importance of healthy eating and planning meals
• Safely incorporate physical activities in their daily lives
• Develop problem-solving strategies and the skills to self-manage diabetes
Diabetes is a common disease, yet every individual needs unique care. We encourage people with diabetes and their families to learn as much as possible about the latest medical therapies and to make healthy lifestyle choices. Good communication with a team of experts can help you feel in control and respond to changing needs. For tips on how to better manage your diabetes and receipts the American Diabetes Association is a great resource.
Now Enrolling – April Diabetes Education Classes
Our small group Diabetes Education Classes are taught by a Pharmacist and Certified Diabetes Educator. The classes focus on empowering patients and guiding them to understanding their diabetes. We teach self-management techniques and assist patients with setting and meeting goals to improve their health.
April Group Classes
Tuesday Mornings – 10am -11:30am Flexcare Pharmacy | 3681 Alabama Ave. SE, Washington, DC 20020
Thursday Evenings – 5pm – 6:30pm Francis Gregory Library | 3660 Alabama Ave. SE, Washington, DC 20020
Friday Mornings – 10am – 11:30am Community of Hope | 4 Atlantic St. SW, Washington, DC 20032